|Name:||Center for Infectious Disease Research & Policy (CIDRAP)|
|Affiliation:||University of Minnesota|
|Primary Policy Area:||Healthcare |
|Org Description:||Focuses on the prevention of illness and death from infectious diseases through epidemiologic research and the rapid translation of scientific information into real-world practical applications and solutions.|
* Consensus building: Convening experts to assess problems, analyze available information, and develop effective public policy recommendations.
* Connecting scientific research to real-world action: Consulting with and catalyzing policymakers and the medical and public health communities to act.
* Synthesizing information: Conducting critical review and analysis of available scientific and public policy information on selected topics and generating authoritative, accurate, and current Web-based content.
* Communicating: Making current information widely available to educate and inform healthcare providers, public health professionals, students, policymakers, and people across the state and nation and around the world.
* Conducting research: Working collaboratively with students, faculty, and a wide range of public health professionals and scientists to address knowledge gaps through epidemiologic research.
|Products:||Reports, news, practical guides.|
|Address:||University of Minnesota|
Academic Health Center
420 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
|Contact Name:||Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, Director|